Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Phiten: Probably crap, but I still want one



Good Lord, I am susceptible to marketing. Well, certain kinds. Here's an example. I saw this story at seattlepi.com, and now I wants me a Phiten necklace:




The Japanese-based company said it melts small doses of titanium and mixes it in water to form a dye, which is then fused into the fabric of necklaces, T-shirts, socks, shorts, tape and discs, which resemble a small round Band-Aid. The company claims that by wearing its products "energy flow is stabilized" and fatigue sets in later and recovery time is shortened. ...


"I really like it," (pro QB and Hasselbeck pal Damon) Huard said. "If I'm not wearing my necklaces to bed I'm a little stiffer. I think there is something to it. I figure it can't hurt me. I wear it under my shoulder pads every game, and I wear a bracelet, too. ... Phiten power, baby!"


Amazon has them, of course. Feel free to buy one off this link. We'll see if I buy one. The fact that I wear a magnet bracelet probably indicates a propensity, though mostly I wear that because it was my mother's.

No comments: