Monday, January 21, 2008

Fatal shooting where I catch the bus....

So this morning I walked past some balloons and flowers attached to a pillar and for a moment, I thought they looked festive. Then I remembered that they were there to mark the shooting death of a 38-year-old woman. The P-I reports that it wasn't random -- she was targeted by a teenager and it had something to do with money. But that it still doesn't make any sense.

I missed the shooting by about 20-25 minutes, which compared to my near-crash on I-5, feels like an eternity. I don't know what a person can do to avoid these kinds of things. Unfortunately, people get shot in all kinds of places, and I'm not going to stop going to malls ... or McDonalds ... or post offices ... or bus stops. And I hope it never comes to that.

No comments: