Monday, January 21, 2008

New Star Trek teaser!

So my inner Trekkie is breathless with excitement over the new teaser site promoting the J.J. Abrams reboot of the beloved classic series. The movie is due at Christmas, and I can tell you now that I'm as excited as I was when "The Motion Picture" hit theaters back in '79. Let's hope that the new movie isn't as overwhelmed with grandiosity (honestly, I don't see how it could be). Anyway, the trailer basically shows the ship under construction, a time-honored Trek tradition (the curves of the Enterprise are as beloved as the curves of any Orion slave girl). I can't wait to see what's coming. Oh, and be sure to click the red dot to the right of "under construction" for more images of the ship being welded together, etc.

I'm so excited. It makes me want to buy a Star Trek uniform shirt. But Cheryl has pointed out to me that if I do that, I may be seen as irredeemably geeky. (Well, only if I wear it in public.) Hmmmm. We'll see.



No comments: