Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Turning 40: Not so bad, if you're Brad Pitt


Brad Pitt's got another movie coming out ("The Long-Titled Movie About The Assassination of Jesse James By Some Other Dude" or something like that), so the door to the Pitt-Jolie household is open a crack. He said some interesting stuff to Details:


On leaving his spouse for someone else, in public (which I can relate to other than the in-public part): "I don't know how better to have handled it. My view was, this is no one's business in the end — at least in matters of the heart. So you need to protect all involved as much as possible. I don't know if that cooled things off or exacerbated them, but it was a thing I felt justly about at the time. Again, the thing guiding me then was you don't know how many days you have and you need life to be everything you want it to be. … Jen and I still maintain a deep friendship and have a lot of life together that isn't erased in any way."


And on turning 40: "Your face kind of goes. Your body's not quite working the same. But you earned it. You earned that, things falling apart."


Brad Pitt: Expert on going to seed.

No comments: