Sunday, September 09, 2007

A perfect day at the Puyallup Fair ... But where was everybody?

Cheryl and I took the boys to the fair today, making first use of the season passes we got at Costco for essentially nothing (we got 'em for the price of admission to Wild Waves, where we were going anyway).

Anyway, it was bright, sunny and wonderful. We even found street parking. Which was the first clue that it would be kind of an odd day: The weather couldn't have been better, but the fair was hardly filled. I wonder if it was the competition from the Seahawks game .....

Well, we'll be back, and we'll see if it was an oddity or a new reality for one of the country's biggest fairs. Is it possible that people just aren't into fairs anymore? It's funny 'cause for many years I went almost every day as part of my job as a music reviewer for The News Tribune. I got a little tired of it, I'll admit. But now, even with a season pass, it's more fun. We can go for a few hours at a shot and leave before we get sick of it.

No comments: