Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm ready to move the wife and kids to San Diego!

OK, except for the fact that it's too expensive and we love it where we are and too much sunshine makes me nervous.

Here's why: http://cbs5.com/video/?id=26888@kpix.dayport.com

San Diego mayor Jerry Sanders offers a heartfelt and brave example of what happens when life collides with the things we think we believe. (He just signed a resolution supporting an effort to overturn California's prohibition on same-sex marriages.)

I used to think civil unions were good enough. Now I only believe that's true if the government decides to get out of the marriage business for straight people. Civil unions for all! And marriages for people, gay and straight, who want to seek God's blessing. I'm so thankful that, despite what some believe, that blessing does exist for my wife and I (even if for now we're only married in Canada).

No comments: