Monday, September 11, 2006

Launch is a journey, not a destination

At least that's how it felt last week when I wrote this. It was our third take on launch day.

We are, I believe, fairly public. All that's missing is the shouting, unless a senior VP's appearance on the Today show counts as shouting.
So now, I'm taking a moment to catch my breath. Most of my fires are out, though I'm sure new ones will flare up soon, soon, soon. I got all of four hours of sleep last night, which was semi-refreshing. More refreshing than you might expect, actually. And I got some hugs from my boys, which was awesome.
And now I'm sitting in a room full of 40-odd big boys. Perhaps not surprisingly, a certain musk hangs in the air. I consider it a prelude of sorts to what awaits my senses as my guys grow up. Musk, testosterone, urgency, moments of laughter.

No comments: