Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The latest aches

So, played broomball again last night. And this time, I tweaked my hip flexor about five minutes in. I also took a ball to the face, so it was a good thing that I took off my glasses.

I decided to be the ref the rest of the way, which gave me something of a break. Damn, I am old. I may not play this game again, but I'm glad I'm getting a taste of the culture. And that culture includes a very Hooters-esque T-shirt for our team, called "Search Inside the Broom." The word "BROOM" is written in that familiar orange font, with an owl looking through the Os. So I said: "I want a size L, so it's nice and tight across my brooms. The boys laughed nervously.

Anyway, the big tourney is Sunday, at the company picnic. The roster is getting shorter and shorter, which means I may have to play more than I probably should. We'll see.

No comments: