Saturday, July 22, 2006

The good thing about Mariners traffic ....

Is that it slows down the buses in just the right way for me to catch them if I don't make it to my regular stop. The scenario goes a little something like this: I walk out of my building. Turn left. See the street. And sometimes, when things aren't going my way, I see my bus out there. This is not a good thing, because that means it has already passed my bus stop, which is about 300 yards to the north. And once it's past the stop, I'm out of luck. Unless ....

On Mariners game days, the street is a bee-yotch between my bus stop and Safeco Field. And the next stop is located just beyond Safeco. So, if I double-time it (and I do need to double-time it), I will just make it to the next stop before my bus does. It worked out tonight, thankfully. It was a long ass day at the office. I can't tell you exactly what happened (this is the effect non-disclosure agreements have on blogs) but I can tell you how I felt about it, which was moderately panicked. All ended well, or well enough, but for a while there, thtings were, well, "suboptimal," as we say in the internet commerce biz. But the good news is that I caught my bus. And it wasn't screamingly crowded, as it was earlier this week. So no only can I sit down, I can actually ride in style -- with my feet up on the sideways seat in front of me, and with "The Matrix" shining on my screen as I write this.

Have I mentioned how little I miss actually driving to work?

No comments: