Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Well, I figured out what I was pissed off about ...

So the other night, a very nice fellow from my church called. He had called a week and a half earlier to offer me an important volunteer gig, and after much soul-searching, I accepted.

And then I got all grumpy.

Imagine my relief when he said he offered me the wrong job. Then imagine five times what you imagined previously, 'cause that's what I felt. My relief shifted slightly when I started to think about what could lead to this strange situation ... why WOULDN'T someone want me in the originally offered role?

Ultimately, it's not worth worrying over. Suffice it to say, I'm in a really good mood (despite my cold). And I'm not going to accept the other job. I'm working through what my involvement witht the church will be, but one thing is clear: No politics for me. It messes up my tenuous relationship with God.

No comments: