Thursday, October 26, 2006

My favorite way to consume Apples ....


At the risk of living up to my "Haroldina" nickname (Dad's name is Harold, and sometimes I do things that bring him to mind), I'm going to confess that I love Mac/PC ads. The dude who plays "Mac" (Justin Long from "Accepted," "Ed" and thank you, IMDB, "Galaxy Quest") is adorable, and the Gatesian PC actor is hilarious in his stiffness.

Of course, wikipedia has info, including synopses of all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_a_Mac

Better - Mac praises the PC's ability with spreadsheets, but explains that he is "better with life stuff," such as music, pictures, and movies. PC defensively asks what Mac means by "better" to which Mac replies that it's easier for Mac to make a website or photobook. PC replies, "oh, that kind of better. I was thinking of the other kind." The ad cuts to the ending splash screen with Mac saying off-camera, "What other kind?"

Work vs. Home - Mac explains how he likes doing "fun stuff" like movies, music, and podcasts. PC says he also does "fun stuff" like time sheets, spreadsheets, and pie charts. Mac says it's hard to capture a family vacation using a pie chart, however PC rebuts by showing a pie chart representing "hangout time" and "just kicking it."

I'm still not going to buy a Mac or an iPod, but I will go to the site and watch all of these entertaining little character sketches.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

No comments: