Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Like it's 1989 again, Part 2


So I listened to a CD today. Whoopee, right? Well, an act that pretty much defined my musical entertainment for much of my life has become something I rarely do. In part, that's because I don't drive for two hours a day anymore. But it's also 'cause I'm getting, you know, older.

I remember my shock when I learned that my co-workers only listened to talk radio. They didn't seem that old, or like their souls had withered to empty husks. Now, I understand. Well, I understand that I no longer crave fresh music the way I did.

Still, every once in a while, I will try something new. Didn't so much love the new Christina Aguilera, though I like the fact that she really sings. But I really do love the new Keane, "Under the Iron Sea." They're the guys who did the song about "Somewhere Only We Know." And while I've not quite made it through the album that song is on, I tried the new one. And it was AWESOME.

Click here and scroll down to hear samples. Choose any track: They all have a certain yearning majesty I just adore. http://www.amazon.com/Under-Iron-Sea-Keane/dp/B000FBHT1C/sr=8-1/qid=1161752146/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-1231922-6520159?ie=UTF8&s=music

It's fun to have that feeling: You know the one, where you're super excited about not just a song, but an entire album's worth of songs. I've not felt that way in a while … probably almost since I was wearing 501s.

No comments: