Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanks, Wanda: That's So Gay Has Gotta Go!

I wince a little every time I hear someone say "that's so gay." And I've gently tried to educate people I know about how it makes me feel when they use a word that describes me to describe something they find distasteful. It seems like it works, at least when they're around me.

Anyway, I was heartened to hear that I'm not the only one on the case. Wanda Sykes and Hilary Duff are on the case with a new round of PSAs. Sykes' character recently married -- OK, fake-married -- a woman on The New Adventures of Old Christine, and it's not easy to pull off the fake gay marriage thing without seeming like a jerk. But she did it. Anyway, here's the preview. And if you say "that's so gay," listen to Wanda. Knock it off.


1 comment:

Yoshipichu said...

Like seriously. The fact that I still have to deal with people saying "that's gay" at school is annoying. Like, it's 2021 people, grow up