Monday, August 25, 2008

I Hear There's a Convention On ...


So I watched a little of the Democrats' convention tonight (and listened to some NPR coverage). I wouldn't say I'm an avid political person, but I'm married to one. Cheryl is one of those PUMAs -- love that acronym: "Party Unity My Ass." She's still bummed out about Hillary. And I admit, I'm fairly disappointed as well. Which is why I'm the kind of person who needs to see the convention. I'm firmly on the side of the D's, as they're the only party looking out for families like mine.

So what the convention does is make me feel good about things. Seeing Teddy Kennedy rock that house and recall great moments past. Watching Michelle Obama give a speech that was compelling yet just imperfect enough to humanize her.

Oh, and yes, that's my girl on the ballot: She ran for precinct committee officer in last week's election. I almost kept the ballot as a souvenir, but Cheryl, being a good PCO, made me vote.

No comments: