Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas spirit all over the danged place ...

The boys woke up the day after Thanksgiving and immediately started looking for snow. When they realized that probably wasn't in the picture, they turned their attention to Christmas decorations. 'Cause, you know, Christmas "year" (what the guys call Christmas season) begins before all the Thanksgiving pie is even digested.

So we're at Thanksgiving plus three days, and the tree is up and trimmed, and ... since Chas gave me his cute and expectant face, I've got most of the exterior lights up as well. And the boys have made several ornaments, 'cause I'm married to the Queen of Crafts.

Oh, and two thumbs up for "Fred Claus." It's sweet and funny and almost as good as "Elf." And that's saying something, 'cause I love "Elf." Vince Vaughn is good in "Elf," if a little precious when doing his "Rubberneckin'" dance. Actually, he dances a lot in the movie. What's best though, are the family dynamics and the well-observed take on family dynamics.

I used to have a rule against acknowledging Christmas before December 11 (aka, before my birthday). But I've since gotten over that. I now have a new hard line: No Christmas before Thanksgiving. And this time I really mean it.

No comments: