Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cougs ready to dance!

I follow sports less and less with each passing day, but I can't help but be proud of my Cougs, who are taking part in the NCAA basketball tournament/big-time gambling fest, starting Thursday.

The game is at the odd time of 11:40 or something like that (the link I'm attaching has the Eastern time listed). So I won't necessarily be watching, but I'll be rooting for my alma mater to surprise everyone as they have all season, when they were predicted to finish last.

Here are some interesting tidbits about their Cougs, and their opponent, Oral Roberts University. (I'd be rooting for anyone to be ORU, but I will especially enjoy it if it is the Cougs.)

(A special addition to my joy -- the Huskies weren't even invited to the NIT tournament, which is for the also-rans. They had a great run in the NCAA tourney last year, then the bottom fell out, in no small part because their sparkplug, Nate Robinson, left the team for NBA riches. Of course, he's on the Knicks, so he's not doing a lot of winning.)

No comments: