Wednesday, December 27, 2006

This only sucks literally. Otherwise, it's very cool.


Cheryl, my domestic goddess, has gotten herself a fun little indulgence (as much as anything that involves housecleaning can be called an indulgence):

It's a "SweepEze," and basically it wakes up and starts sucking everytime a broom comes near. Or my foot, if I'm not careful. I think my dear partner felt a little silly for blowing $40-odd bucks on it -- nowhere near as much as, say, a Roomba.

I'm sure we'll be buying a new vacuum soon, after treating our former vac like a ShopVac when we put in the new floor. The belts keep breaking and it's just not well. Maybe we'll get a Dyson this time. But those cost a heck of a lot more than $40.


Or maybe by the time we're ready, these will actually be available to buy ....

Yes, those are vacuum shoes. Now you know what the good folks in Electrolux R&D have been up to:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/17/electrolux-unveils-vacuum-shoe-concept/

No comments: