Thursday, December 14, 2006

OK, back at it .... Chuck E. Cheese, Pirates, Percocet and more

Wow, is it really Dec. 14? Yes. It is. The month has flown by, and I've gone from 3x to 3x. You'll have to fill in the second digit yourself. Once I hit 40, my new motto will be "fuck it," but in the meantime, I will embrace denial.

Oddly, snow, Christmas lights, putting up a tree and various decking of the halls, etc. were all November things, though fodder for December enjoyment.

So here is what December has included: A flat tire. A wild Percocet ride (not for me -- Cheryl's back went out, and the pain alleviation process did the same thing to her mind). Several visits with Santa (again, not for me). Several birthday parties for small children. I decided not to have my party at Chuck E. Cheese this year, since Aidan stole my thunder.

Chuck E.'s reminded me of my family. We went there a number of times for my brother, and when I was was in college I owned and actually wore a sweatshirt with a Chuck E. Cheese character (something purple whose name escapes me). Is it any wonder I didn't get much action? Chuck E.'s now is a much brighter place with more child-protecting rules enacted. You can't leave with a kid unless you have matching hand stamps, which are applied at entry. Of course, someone at the party pointed out that bad people could perhaps find a way to do something untoward INSIDE the building, but I looked all over, and I didn't see a place where one could achieve something resembling privacy (or peace, for that matter).

But that's not what Chuck E.'s is for. It was actually kind of fun, but I'm glad our boys want to have their birthday at their cousin Delsa's gym.

No comments: