Saturday, November 25, 2006

It's two whole days after Thanksgiving -- time to decorate for Christmas!!!!

OK, so the original plan for today was to see a movie. Probably Happy Feet, though I was lobbying for Flushed Away. Yes, I hate the damn penguins. And I don't care who knows it.

Anyway, we were on track for the movie, with time to stop at the crafts store (clarification: Cheryl wanted to stop at the craft store, and I wanted to be supportive spouse who appreciates the end result, but not so much the process). The whole end result vs. process thing kinda explains how I am about Christmas decorating. I don't mind that Cheryl has enough Christmas stuff to fill our house. But I get sort of rubbery at the thought of putting it all up -- not to mention the thousands of ornaments. OK, maybe hundreds.

Now, however, Cheryl has two VERY willing accomplices. Eddie and Chas decided that they would rather stay home and decorate than go to a movie. So here we are. Three of us are VERY excited, to the point of running around the house, singing and literally jumping for joy. One of us is excited, but in a moderate way that cannot possibly compare to the mania of the rest.

No comments: