Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My boys' first Star Wars is Clone Wars


I'm not sure how I feel about Clone Wars yet, but I'm glad that my boys have a Star Wars they can watch without panicking (like they did when my resolve melted and I put Episode IV in the DVD player the other night). Seriously, we only got as far as the text crawl and Chas was off and running. Eddie made it to the opening space battle, but he nearly shaking at the thought of seeing Darth Vader. The original Star Wars is a lot to take, I guess.


Anyway, tonight we watched a little bit of the Clone Wars movie, which just became available at Amazon Video On Demand. It makes Eddie nervous ... he wants assurances that everyone will be OK. Chas likes it, and has taken to swinging his pretend lightsaber (he's got "real" toy ones, but they're in the other room). I just find myself trying to remember who the good guys and bad guys are and how they relate to the good and bad guys of the movies I know and love. There is the emperor, who I know is bad. And Obi-wan, who I know is good. But clone troopers? Whatever became of them? Did they become stormtroopers? What of the separatists? Oh, so complicated. And I wouldn't care except that my boys are VERY interested in who's good and who's bad. I tihnk they're really going to flip when they learn the secret of Darth Vader's true identity. Of course, right now they keep thinking the Anakin Skywalker of the Clone Wars is Luke Skywalker. Sigh.

1 comment:

Yoshipichu said...

Clone Wars was actually pretty good